About the Author
As CEO of Performance Support Systems, Inc., Dr. Coates has created award-winning brain-based programs and resources for parents, leaders and teams for over 25 years. He lives and works near San Antonio, Texas, with his wife, Kathleen Scott, who is a free-lance travel and lifestyle writer. His two grown sons are pursuing successful careers in information technology.
A graduate of West Point (1967), he retired from the U.S. Army as a lieutenant colonel in 1987. He earned his Ph.D. in English from Duke University (1977) and served on the faculties of the United States Military Academy, the Armed Forces Staff College, the College of William and Mary, Thomas Nelson Community College, and the Center for Creative Leadership. A recognized parenting, learning and development thought leader, he is working on a new book, Adolescent Brain 2.0.
His parenting focus: to give science-based knowledge about adolescent brain development to parents and adults who work with youth, so they can help young people wire their prefrontal cortex for executive/critical thinking skills to avoid the pitfalls of growing up and achieve optimum intellectual capacity for adult life.
Online coaching and reinforcement programs for building communication skills and personal strengths:
- Strong for Parenting – for parents
- Strong for Families – for family therapists, school counselors and other helping professionals
- Strong for Mentoring Students – for teachers
- Strong for Mentoring Athletes – for athletic coaches
- Strong for Mentoring Youth – for youth program leaders
- Strong for Life – for teenagers
- Strong for Performance – for adults in the workplace
- 20/20 Insight Gold – online individual, team and organization performance feedback surveys
- Conversations with the Wise Aunt – for middle school girls
- Conversations with the Wise Uncle – for middle school boys
- The Race against Time – ebook for parents
- The Sacred Purpose – for administrators of youth sports programs
- The Dark Secret of HRD – for business executives
Website & blog: www.DrDennyCoates.com
LinkedIn: Dr. Denny Coates
Twitter: Dr. Denny Coates
Pinterest: Strong for Parenting